Rate of pay: $11.00/hour
Work location: MacBride Nature Recreation Area - 2095 Mehaffey Bridge Rd. NE Solon, IA, Macbride Nature Recreation Area
Department: Recreational Services
Status: Not currently hiring
What you will learnYou can expect to learn skills such as time management, meeting goals, enlisting help to other members on staff, and working with people from diverse backgrounds as well as part of a team. Although your job in the Division of Student Life may not be directly related to your future profession, the skills you learn here will help you in your chosen career path and give you valuable work experience to strengthen your resume.
Basic job functionTo assist with the operations of the SOW and UIWC Programs. Safely transport students to and from UI SOW and/or UIWC on school bus.
- Safely transport campers, volunteers and staff.
- Arrive at UIWC punctually and leave upon Coordinator’s discretion at the end of the day.
- Self-motivated, energetic and willingness to be flexible in duties and interactions with students. Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Focusing on working as a team with other Instructors, Coordinators, Assistant Coordinators, other Bus Drivers, and volunteers.
- Good communication skills when meeting with students, parents/guardians, co-workers and supervisors.
- Complete daily safety inspection of bus before students enter every morning.
- Daily clean-up and lock-up of bus after students have exited every afternoon.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Mandatory attendance at orientation training for UIWC. (1 day)
- Criminal Background Check upon hire
- CPR/AED/ First Aid Certification
- Completion of University of Iowa Bloodborne Pathogens training
- Recreational Service Orientation
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Bus Driving Certification