Temporary Food Worker I (Non-Student Position)
Location: Hillcrest Market Place
Rate of pay: $16.00/hour
Hiring status: Currently hiring
Open to non-UI students: Yes
The Division of Student Life: University Housing & Dining is seeking a Temporary Food Worker I for Hillcrest Market Place. Under direct supervision, the Temporary Food Worker I performs a variety of tasks involved in the preparation of food, performs related cleaning jobs and sanitation duties as assigned.
• Participates in the preparation of foods, which includes cutting, slicing, grating or peeling vegetables and fruits; and chopping, grinding, or slicing meats.
• May perform simple cooking tasks in accordance with specific instructions.
• Assembles, labels, stores, and issues foods as ordered or required to service areas at prescribed times.
• Performs sanitation duties by maintaining and cleaning, serving, dining and kitchen areas during and after service and/or food preparation.
• Assists with inventory control and ordering of foods and supplies.
• Follows standardized recipe and instructions of other personnel in preparation of food items.
• Assist in on-the job training of students and other assigned personnel in the preparation of menu items.
• Ability to read, write, and follow directions.
• Safety Training for Dining Staff
What you will learn:
You can expect to learn skills such as time management, conflict resolution, balancing priorities, managing finances, interpersonal communication, customer service experience, and working with people from diverse backgrounds and working as part of a team.