Rate of pay: $11.00/hour
Work location: Burge Residence Hall
Department: University Housing & Dining (UH&D)
Status: Not currently hiring
What you will learnYou can expect to learn skills such as time management, conflict resolution, balancing priorities, managing finances, interpersonal communication, customer service experience, and working with people from diverse backgrounds and working as part of a team. Although your job in the Division of Student Life may not be directly related to your future profession, the skills you learn here will help you in your chosen career path and give you valuable work experience to strengthen your resume.
Basic job functionAssist in the day-to-day operations of the University Housing & Dining Administration (UH&D) front desk including answering and directing incoming phone calls and taking messages, and greeting incoming appointments and visitors.
- Greet customers and refer to appropriate member of UH&D team or other University offices.
- Assist (prospective) students and families in resolving housing, general living, and campus problems and refer to appropriate advisory services.
- Assist the public in answering questions and provide directions and assistance according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from students, families, staff, and general public, and refer as appropriate.
- Demonstrate civil and respectful interactions with others.
- Maintain privacy and utilize discretion when interacting with others to handle sensitive situations.
- Pick up/deliver mail from Burge Desk. Sort and distribute mail.
- Accept flyers for posting in residence halls according to UH&D guidelines and distribute to proper individual(s).
- Assist with filing for staff throughout the office suite.
- Search through newspapers on a daily basis for articles related to UH&D; cut out appropriate articles and insert into archival scrapbook.
- Complete special assignments that assist in UH&D Administration operations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- This position is limited to up to 20 hours per week (320 hours per semester). May work up to 40 hours per week during break periods (spring, summer, fall and winter) as assigned.
- Availability during business hours Monday – Friday is preferred. Various hours between 8 AM and 5 PM, Availability during break periods.
- Evening hours and weekend shifts required seasonally as required by office processes.
- Enrolled as a student at The University of Iowa (during academic year).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and be positive and respectful in working with a diverse population.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Reasonable experience in handling multiple assignments, conflicting demands or priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to GREAT customer service.
- Must be able to work during academic break periods (Thanksgiving, winter, spring and summer breaks).
- Criminal Background Check upon hire
- Driver’s License Review upon hire