Retail Delivery Driver Associate
Location: Iowa Memorial Union
Rate of pay: $13.03/hour
Hiring status: Currently hiring
Open to non-UI students: No
Performs a variety of tasks involved in deliveries and pickups to and from University Dining satellite locations.
• Gather and pack all food and equipment necessary for satellite deliveries.
• Deliver food, equipment, etc., as directed to designated areas.
• Load and unload delivery vans.
• Respond to inquiries from customers in a courteous manner.
• Assist in on-the-job training of student employees.
• Responsible for proper delivery and handling of cash bags.
• Clean work areas and related equipment.
• Return dishes, utensils, etc., to the kitchen for cleaning.
• Dress in proper work attire per department guidelines.
• Enrolled as a student at the University of Iowa (during academic year).
• Must be able to move up to 50 pounds.
• Meet and maintain the University Fleet Safety Program driving standards.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be positive and respectful in working with a diverse population.
• Must be dependable and reliable.
• Must be able to work through finals week.
• Must be a motivated self-starter and able to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated commitment to GREAT customer service.
• Cash Handling
• Criminal Background Check upon hire
• Driver’s License Check upon hire
• Safety Training for Dining Students
What you will learn:
You can expect to learn skills such as time management, conflict resolution, balancing priorities, attention to detail, interpersonal communication, customer service experience, and working with people from diverse backgrounds and working as part of a team. Although your job in the Division of Student Life may not be directly related to your future profession, the skills you learn here will help you in your chosen career path and give you valuable work experience to strengthen your resume.