Dining Associate (Student Position)
Location: Hillcrest Market Place
Rate of pay: $11.00/hour
Hiring status: Currently hiring
Open to non-UI students: No
Perform various asks including the preparation and cooking of food, serving, and cleaning/sanitation which support the operations of a large-scale food service operation.
• Wash, scrape and deliver dishes.
• Clean, sanitize tables and other surfaces.
• Serve food.
• Prepare hot and cold food including cooking and cutting.
• Restock food.
• May perform cashiering and cash handling duties.
• Respond to customer inquiries or problems in a courteous manner.
• Assist with special event meals.
• Demonstrate civil and respectful interactions with others.
• Dress in proper work attire per department guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Enrolled as student at the University of Iowa (during academic year).
• Demonstrated commitment to GREAT customer service.
• Must be a motivated self-starter and able to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written) and be positive and respectful in working with a diverse population.
• Must be dependable and reliable.
• Must be able to work through finals week.
• Must be able to move up to 50 pounds (Storeroom and Milk/Beverage) and stand for long periods of time.
• Safety Training for Dining Students
What you will learn:
You can expect to learn skills such as time management, conflict resolution, balancing priorities, attention to detail, interpersonal communication, customer service experience, and working with people from diverse backgrounds and working as part of a team. Although your job in the Division of Student Life may not be directly related to your future profession, the skills you learn here will help you in your chosen career path and give you valuable work experience to strengthen your resume.