Location: Iowa Memorial Union
Rate of pay: $11.00/hour
Hiring status: Currently hiring
Open to non-UI students: No
Receive, store, and issue storeroom stock, linens, and uniforms according to the guidelines established by the department. Provide efficient and courteous communication and service to storeroom customers.
• Check incoming orders for accuracy, properly noting any discrepancies from either invoices or requisitions.
• Check that all incoming and outgoing stock meet quality standards.
• Store incoming stock in the proper location. Rotate stock when slotting.
• Issue and deliver product. Deliver to, and store product in user area as instructed. Provide complete and accurate record of product issues.
• Follow storeroom procedures as laid out in the Storeroom Operations Manual.
• Assist in taking monthly inventory.
• Pick up supplies and product as requested.
• Clean storeroom and linen areas daily.
• Receive, store, and issue uniforms and linen as requested.
• Prepare soiled linen and uniforms for pickup.
• Maintain accurate record of uniform deposits and locker assignments.
• Operate equipment (dollies, carts,).
• Dress in proper work attire per department guidelines.
• Enrolled as a student at the University of Iowa.
• Must be a motivated self-starter and able to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
• Good communication skills (written and verbal) and be positive and respectful in working with a diverse population.
• Must be dependable and reliable.
• Must be able to work through finals weeks.
• Must be able to move up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Demonstrated commitment to GREAT customer service.
• Warehouse or grocery experience is desired.
• Experience with receipts, invoices or math is desired.
• Data entry experience desired.
• Safety Training for Dining Students
What you will learn:
You can expect to learn skills such as time management, conflict resolution, balancing priorities, attention to detail, interpersonal communication, customer service experience, and working with people from diverse backgrounds and working as part of a team. Although your job in the Division of Student Life may not be directly related to your future profession, the skills you learn here will help you in your chosen career path and give you valuable work experience to strengthen your resume.