Rate of pay: $17.00/hour
Work location: Catlett Market Place, Catlett Residence Hall
Department: University Housing & Dining (UH&D)
Status: Currently hiring
What you will learnYou can expect to learn skills such as time management, conflict resolution, balancing priorities, managing finances, interpersonal communication, customer service experience, and working with people from diverse backgrounds and working as part of a team.
Basic job functionThe Division of Student Life: University Housing & Dining is seeking a Temporary Cook I for Catlett Market Place. Under direct supervision, the Temporary Cook I performs general cooking duties using standardized recipes and instructions as needed for a food service marketplace. Performs other related preparation and sanitation duties as required.
- Prepares and cooks food ingredients and/ or menu items in marketplaces in view of the customer and in the kitchen.
- Serves food to the customers in the marketplace.
- Assists in providing on-the-job training and assists in directing the work for food service staff, including student and temporaries within area of assignment.
- Assembles ingredients for recipes/ menu items.
- Cleans kitchen, kitchen utensils and equipment to maintain satisfactory sanitation level. Applies food safety when handling and storing food items and equipment based on state, federal and departmental rules and regulations.
- Notifies supervisor of food and supplies needed and when equipment is in need of repair. Checks in food and supplies as necessary. Maintains food production records.
- Varied Work Schedule based on operational need. Typically working 8-hour shifts between the hours of 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Ability to read, write, and follow directions.
- Safety Training for Dining Staff